Career Opportunities at GPI
1st and 2nd Shift CNC Operator/Machinist
Produces machined parts by, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Experience with mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces; adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
At least 5 years experience, Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Tooling, Coordination, Attention to Detail, Judgment
Please send resume and qualifications to: Jean Alcala 686-7361 X225 firstname.lastname@example.org
Machine Shop Supervisor
A Machine Shop Supervisor is needed for a leading pump and meter manufacturing company to directly supervise production in the machine shop which includes conventional and CNC machining operations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Responsible for ensuring quality output.
• Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities with hands-on involvement and reinforcement of lean practices.
• Perform regular cycle and setup auditing to ensure sustainment of improvements.
• Assist in trouble shooting and problem solving.
• Evaluate manufacturing processes and modify as required.
• Rigorously enforce and perpetuate safety culture within the machine shop. This includes appropriate preventive maintenance, total productive maintenance (TPM), and ensuring that all equipment is operated safely.
• Recommends and implements process and productivity improvements
• 5+ year's machine shop supervisory experience in a CNC and Conventional environment.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and capability to multi-task and balance demanding workload.
• In-depth understanding of fabrication and machining processes.
• Proven leadership abilities and the ability to work with and on a team.
• Proven ability to motivate people and develop relationships with external and internal customers.
• Set clear objectives for direct reports and measure results.
• Capable of evaluating operators' capabilities and skills. Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and production scheduling processes.
• Strong knowledge of CNC and conventional machining, fixturing, and tooling.
• Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
• 5 + year's programing with MasterCam.
• CAD experience a plus.
• High level of proficiency utilizing Microsoft word & excel.
Please send e-mail resumes to email@example.com
ERP Integration Analyst
Technical professional to serve as a liaison between the ERP system (Infor Syteline) and business practices to enhance the overall use of the computer system. The ERP Integration Analyst must have a strong knowledge of Infor Syteline 8.03 or higher.
• Evaluate current manufacturing processes to enhance the effectiveness of ERP software and streamline processes.
• Consult with users, management and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining the e-commerce module in Syteline
• Evaluate proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements
• Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
• Review projects and coordinate project activity
• Provide users with technical support for computer and ERP issues
• Review and approve all systems programs prior to their implementation
• Syteline training for all departments
• Microsoft Office support
• Web Site updates
• Infor Syteline 8.03 or higher
• Customer Service
• Quality (QCS)
• Data Views
• IPF (Infor Portal Foundation)
• Visual Studio (MS Product - Customer Portal)
• SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services)
• Enterprise Resource Planning
• TSQL Knowledge
• ASP Java
• Hyper Script
• Adobe Creative Suite 5
• Share Point Designer (Customer Portal)
• Best Practices Methods (Security)
• Project Management Skills
An Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience in a related field is required.
3-5 years or working knowledge of the Infor Syteline ERP software modules (V8.03 or higher)
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Employment at GPI
Great Plains Industries, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply by mail to:
Great Plains Industries, Inc.
5252 East 36th Street North
Wichita, KS 67220
Apply by fax to:
Apply by e-mail to:
Contact e-mail address
Please include your full name and contact information along with a cover letter and your resume.
Great Plains Industries, Inc. will only accept applications for the openings shown.